What is the reason for the low yield of shiitake mushrooms?
First, it is easy to get confused when choosing strains. The correct method should be to choose according to the season when planting. Spring corresponds to the low temperature type, and winter corresponds to the high temperature type. In addition, aged strains or contaminated strains are not only difficult to identify during selection, but also cause the entire colony to grow slowly, thereby reducing the yield of shiitake mushrooms.
Secondly, it is because the mushrooms were not planted in the right place. Perhaps most people have a stereotype that mushrooms grow in dark and humid places, but this is not the case for shiitake mushrooms. If you plant it in a dark or unventilated place, it is very likely to affect the growth. What's more, a large amount of carbon dioxide released by the mushrooms will accumulate in the closed space, causing the grown mushrooms to be toxic and harmful to the environment. Risk to the health of consumers.
The third point is that there was something wrong with the culture material used to assist growth during planting. We tend to think that the higher the nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium content in fertilizers, the more helpful it is for plants. In fact, this is not the case. Too much urea in the mushroom culture material will decompose nitrogen, and the mycelium will not be able to grow when exposed to a large amount of nitrogen. Therefore, when preparing the culture material for mushrooms, you must check it in advance and at least do a good job of disinfection.
The last point has a lot to do with the operators who grow shiitake mushrooms. Sometimes staff's improper management of growing mushrooms can also result in low mushroom yields. For example, not ventilating the mushrooms in time, not giving them the light they need, or pouring water directly on the small mushrooms, causing them to rot, etc.
In order to avoid the occurrence of these situations, staff should ventilate regularly and use mild methods such as spraying to replenish the moisture of the mushrooms. Otherwise, it will be too late when the mushrooms grow into deformities or become toxic.